Friday, May 21, 2010

In These Shoes?

Ahhh, I feel new and fresh and clean now that I’ve come “out” about business casual. What I didn’t realize was that I put the “me-ness” on hold for something like the past ten years while I negotiated every clothing purchase to fit either biz casual OR “hey, I can walk the DOGS in this”. Umm, yeah that doesn’t work for me.

My buddy Geoff may dispute my use of “old” and that’s cool ‘cause he can do that but the fact is that sooner or later (probably SOONER) I’ll be too old to really “work it GIRLFRIEND”. That being said. I haven’t bought something that really made me swoon in a very long time.

Tonight I felt the need to walk that walk…and walk it in a totally inappropriate pair of shoes.

It’s Friday. I couldn’t resist hitting up a few stores on the way home. This little side excursion resulted in the hottest pair of shoes ever. HOT I TELL YOU HOT!!!! FLAMING HOT! I love them with unbridled passion.

They’re ivory and gray. They’re from the J-Lo label (I hate to admit that but at least they aren’t Jessica Simpson shoes). Oh they made me swoon. They’re soft and supple but tall and trashy.

They scream FUCK ME.. . as in “FUCK ME PUMPS”. Is this what I’ve been missing by adhering to business casual? Oh yeah.

I want to wear these shoes to take out the garbage. Yes I do.

Look. At my age, I’ve got limited time left to even PRETEND to think it’s okay to buy these so let me love while I can.

Ladies, dispense with business casual and go the distance. Buy that pair of shoes that make you swoon. Wear them to do the laundry. Oh my, this is bliss.

I actually have a pair of “spectator pumps” because of biz casual. Okay, I guess all chicks should end up with spectator pumps at some point but now that I have my J. Lo’s the spectator pumps seem pretty lame.

Let’s all re-think business casual. Let’s go for business inappropriate; I know I am.

The title of this blog post is a tribute to Kirsty Macoll, the best singer/songwriter ever and gone from this planet too soon. Listen to “In These Shoes” at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzoUdtMSH4&feature=related. Kirsty, I miss you and your music every single day. Thanks for what you left us with.

1 comment:

  1. What's all of this "limited time" talk? I will still argue with the word "old" -- except when used in ways nostalgic or antique (descriptive). But limited time. (sigh) Well, here's a suggestion for a blog post, and you have already touched on some points that would fit right in .... First, how long is living in the moment, for example? A good moment? I'd say you could stretch out a moment for eternity, if it's good enough. Or, people just let the time tick off, let the clocks wind down, let the sunrises and sunsets happen without any notice at all -- it's perception, and keeping one's eyes open to possibilities, and going against the grain (something you address quite a lot in your words). So, I'm suggesting you go against the grain here, and believe in the "unlimited time" you have left, because you are making the moments matter -- because you're living life, and not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete