Sunday, January 1, 2012

MISSING!

What I’m missing. What I’m missing is honesty, humor, whimsy. Well, I didn’t think that was the case until I bounced over to read the blog of an acquaintance and his wife. These two were actually brave enough to post their e-mail romance as part of their blog and boy is it honest. Mrs. Blogger chronicled the whole crazy, romantic, and sexy courtship (http://thegirlwho.net/mormon-to-married-in-manhattan/2009/10/13/chapter-index.html).

Mr. Blogger (http://thegirlwho.net/thunder-pie/) has, with honesty and humor, chronicled his launch into husbandhood and parenthood. He’s a rocker by trade and his lyrics are classic and anthemic, his blog is the prose version and just as enjoyable to read as his music is to hear.
I hesitate to be all that revealing in a blog. I’m actually afraid someone will READ IT and then what? What if they know its ME? What if I hurt someone’s feelings or reveal something about them or ME that maybe shouldn’t be out there on the internet?

All I know is that when I start reading those blogs I feel like I’m engulfed in a real page-turner. I’m transported to where they are in every way, I’m physically sitting next to them be it in the car with the kids or ‘round the bar in their funky old farmhouse in central Pennsy; I’m with them emotionally, decking the halls or processing the wacky things that kids tend to say; dare I say I’m even looking with love through their eyes at each other; it’s a real talent that can take someone there.

Their C’mas blogs this year were better than any Lifetime or Hallmark movie.

Here’s the thing; I’m one of those anti-mommy people. I’m not a mommy and not all that interested in mommyness so you’d think that I’d shun Mrs. Blogger’s posts since they are very much about her life as a mom but somehow she includes enough of her life as an ADULT to make it a good read. She also doesn’t neglect her life as a passionate partner to her husband in all of this…and it isn’t without the usual spousal eye-rolling at the antics of her significant other.

Maybe their passion for each other and their life together is the fuel for their words; maybe their words were waiting there all along for an outlet…all I know is that they are more than worth a read. And Mr. Blogger’s band is more than worth a listen…Marah (http://www.marah-usa.com/).

Anyway, this rambled off track because I started out berating myself on what was missing from my own words when I found myself waxing lovingly about the words that got me started on this revelation of what’s missing. I guess what I need is the confidence to just be honest and the assurance that the people in my life I might be honest about can have a sense of humor about it (or at least believe me when I tell them that I fictionalized things a bit for the sake of good story telling…HA!)

We’ll see, we’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment