Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Smokers Unite!

Well, I actually don't need to tell them to do that, they already HAVE united, right outside the door I use to enter and exit the office building where I work. C'mon people, I get it you still smoke and it's your RIGHT (dammit) but do you need to cluster around the door? There are picnic tables 30 feet away that you could sit at or at least move off to the side. Why oh why do you think it's a good idea to literally be in a semi-circle around the door?

All these people are educated adults, right? I mean their dressed in the typical business-casual uniform and there are only "business-y" businesses in this building so it isn't like they've been sheltered from the world and raised by wolves somewhere. They should have some peripheral understanding of basic polite behavior, right?

Clearly wrong since there they are every time I try to leave the building (I get in too early for them to be there on my way in) during the day.

If you're a smoker, I respect your American right to suck smoke deep into your lungs, swirl it around, and spew it out in fetid plumes through your nose and mouth…just DON'T DO IT ON ME. Ewwwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment